Sunday, July 30, 2017

Bases Loaded With the Usual Suspects..

I had a charter today and I was bored while waiting for the people to do what they were doing.. There was a conveniently located Walmart across the parking lot from where I last dropped the people off, so since I needed a few things anyway, why not see if there were cards as well.

Hint: Not much...

In fact, I wish I took a picture of the barren wasteland that was this WalMart's card aisle.. More Yu-Gi-Oh than anything.. Sports had one or two hockey, one or two football.. Star Wars and WWE.. There were small hanging boxes of Series 1 and 2 of Flagship.. And the repacks.. 

So I bought a repack... 


And hoped for the best....







It didn't come.. 



Of course I didn't get a bonus card.. I did get another One-Touch card thing... 

Samples of the card packs that could be in these.. I'm guessing that gold one at the bottom is the Panini Triple Play, since if they showed it prominently nobody would buy these.. 
I imagine these are packaged and shipped from the US, since really, aside from Player Collectors, I don't see many of us wanting the Stars and Stripes cards.. 

One of the usual suspects in these things are the Leaf Babe Ruth set..
I don't know how big the set is, but I could probably make it by just picking these repack boxes up.. 


And of course, the biggest Usual Suspect: Triple Play... I just scanned possibly the two most useful cards from that set... 
That Paul Molitor HOF card is beautiful.. 
And Chipper "Don't call me Larry" Jones looks almost human there. 

These Draft Picks cards are generally more miss than anything, since they always seem to be for non-Jays. And of course since they don't bother to say where the kids are from aside from school, it's not very helpful for my Canadians collection either. 


Two packs of the Draft Picks and I even get a duplicate in the 8 cards... 

USA Stars and Stripes.. At least some of these names I recognize.. Corey Seager and Henry Owens. Again, one of the Usual Suspects for these things.. 


2007 Upper Deck, Come On Down! You're the next contestant in The Usual Suspects! 



There are three cards in here that I want/May need.. Buehrle, Morrow, and that SuperVet card.. I loved the 1983 ones Topps did. I really like this one, even if it's a Yankee.. lol 




Just one final picture, a closeup, of the Unicorn that is Good Triple Play cards. 

So yeah.. I'm guessing 99.9999% of these are available for trade. Let me know if you see something you want.. 

5 comments:

  1. It bothers be how alike each box is. I would love to pick one up and have 8 different packs our of the 11, not one or maybe 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know what you mean. I'd love to see some different packs. Every one I've opened has the same mix.

      Delete
  2. I have never seen one of those Triple Play hall of fame cards before. It seems so strange to see a non-cartoony card coming from that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That's why I called them unicorns lol

      Delete
  3. I buy those boxes all the time and have never seen anything cool like that Molitor come out of the Triple Play packs. I have heard of people pulling memorabilia cards that have generic bat pieces that don't belong to any player from those packs.

    ReplyDelete