Saturday, July 1, 2017

Canada Day

Today is the 150th anniversary of Confederation. 
I don't think I'll be featuring a card today, but a couple videos


This is called "Canada is Really Big" by a group called the Arrogant Worms. 
They do a few different songs about Canada.

"Forgive us, We're Canadian"
"Rocks and Trees"
"We Are the Beaver"
"Canadaman"
"Proud to be Canadian"
"Me Like Hockey"
"The Mounted Animal Nature Trail"
"When Canada Rules The World"
"The Canadian Crisis Song"
"The Mountie Song"


This was actually a commercial for a beer.. 
Molson Canadian.
Really when it comes to national pride, this is one of the commercials we point to..

And of course, to tie in with a baseball blog...

The Toronto Blue Jays from the mid 1990s singing "This Land is Your Land" 

Another one of the "I Am Canadian" series. 

This is the final one..

The Royal Canadian Air Farce spoofed the first "I Am Canadian" commercial..
Mike From Canmore was one of my favourite characters, so I had to feature it here.


We will be back to regular programming soon enough. Enjoy your weekend, be it July 1 or July 4

3 comments:

  1. Happy 150th Anniversary Canada! I've only been to Canada once... and it was awesome. Here are my 5 favorite things about Canada off the top of my head:

    1. 80's Leaf & O-Pee-Chee Baseball Cards - Sometimes I like these more than their Donruss & Topps counterparts.
    2. Montreal Expos - I really, really miss them.
    3. O Canada - Big fan of national anthems and this is one of my personal faves.
    4. Patrick Marleau - I hope he decides to stay and play his entire career in SJ.
    5. Degrassi Junior High - Loved that show when I was younger.

    Honorable Mention #1. Butchart Gardens Maple Cookies - Oh man... those were delicious.
    Honorable Mention #2. Orphan Black - Love this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been to the States a few times.. Mainly the Midwest..

      I miss the Expos as well.. I still refuse to acknowledge the Nationals as having anything to do with the Expos.. And I hold a healthy dislike for Jeffrey Loria.
      Sad to say, Marleau signed with the Leafs.

      Degrassi seemed to be on forever.

      And a Happy Fourth of July to you, Fuji!

      Delete
    2. Absolutely devastated by Marleau leaving... but there was no way San Jose could afford to offer him what the Leafs paid. I'll continue rooting for him until he retires. One of my all-time favorite players.

      Delete